VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 installation and Configuration
This article will explain you about the VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 installation and configuration.
Suggestible Read: Virtualization Introduction – VMware&Hyper -V
Here I am explaining you a brief description about the VMWare vSphere ESXi 6.0
VMware ESXi (formerly ESX) is an enterprise-class virtualization technology and it is a type-1 hypervisor developed by VMware company for deploying and serving the virtual computers. As a type-1 hypervisor, ESXi is not a software application that can install direct on bare metal hardware (without running on an operating system). ESXi is not a software bundle that can one install in an operating system (OS); instead, it includes and integrates virtual OS components, such as a kernel and other virtualization components.
ESX defines as Elastic Sky X and it runs without the OS can install directly on a Hardware. VMWare is not a Free software but it comes to a trail version with the 60 days grace period usage. First and foremost, thing is to register in VMWare site to free up the grace period. As soon it gets installed, you have two options to use i.e., neither VSphere Client on direct console nor user interface o host admin.
Comparing to the previous installations of VMWare ESXi has minor changes.
It has following features:
- VMs supports up to 128 vCPUs and storage capacity up to 4TB RAM.
- ESXi supports up to 480 pCPU, storage up to 12 TB RAM 64 TB data, 1000VMs, and 32 serial ports.
- vMotion has high-tech virtual switches and vCenter Servers.
- Network IO Control is a new support for VM and Vswitch.
Before going to install the VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 server, The System should have the following requirements:
- 64Bit (x86) processor with VT-x or AMD-V
- Dual core processor
- 4GB Ram for basic installation
- Only for installation, it requires 10GB allocated space for creating VM.
- For CPU in BIOS, the NX/XD bit should be enabled.
Now follow the steps for installation of VMware vShere ESXi 6.0 :
The basic thing to do is ‘Downloading the VMware VSphere’ in a website as shown in the given below image.
Vmware Downloads Page: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads
Direct VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 Download Link : Click Here
Continued in Page 2