EX200 – Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
|EX200||Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam|
Hi Guys, here I have prepared one of the paper for Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) 6.4 examination.
This is for an Example paper. I hope you’ll understand how they’ll conduct an exam.
- If You have any Queries about this content, please comment on below. I’ll try to give you a solution
* RHCSA Duration 2hrs 30mins
* All the below Questions to be performed in VIRTUAL MACHINE
* AN user name, password, and individual systems Domain name (DomainX) will be
displayed prior to logging in the desktop. (No root/password will be provided)
* Softlink to exam question paper will be on the desktop, which will include IP address, SM GW,DNS,Hostname e, but remaining question paper can only be viewed, till you configure the given static IP address, host name, client DNS (resolve hostname).
* Softlink to stop/start/reboot VM will be on the desktop.
* The Services should be enabled & disabled accordingly to make sure all Server developed are available fo r evaluation where firewall should not stop the services.
* All User’s password’s should be “postroll”.
Redhat Enterprise Linux Server release 6 has been installed in systemX. The hostname and domain names that you use will be based upon the ip address of your machine. Through out the question paper ( the last segment meant of your IP address)
* NFS method:NFS server name:instructor.example.com NFS mount point:/var/ftp/pub/rhel6/dvd.
* Yum Server http://instructor.example.com/pub/rhel6/dvd
1. () Review () Done Password Recovery.
Recover the root password as “postroll” on a given virtual server
2. () Review () Done Configure IP address
IP Address : 192.168.0.X
SUBNET MASK : 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY : 192.168.0.254
DNS : 192.168.0.254
3. () Review () Done Setup an HostName.
Configure your hostname as “serverX.example.com”.
4. () Review () Done User Administration.
Add the users lynne and jeff and make them members of the secondary group sysadmins.
Set the password for both the users to “postroll”. Both users should have interactive shells.
Add an addtional user casper, also with password “postroll” casper should have access to an
interactive nologin shell on the system nor should be a member of the group sysadmins.
5. () Review () Done Collaborative Directory
Setup a collaborative directory /documents/sysadmin.
The directory should be group owned by the group
sysadmins and the group should own the files inside the directory.
The directory should be readable and writeable to the group owners and others should not have any access.
6. () Review () Done LVM Resize
Resize the LVM (home) to 100MiB ( size may vary between 30MB-50MB )
7. () Review () Done NTP client
Make your system as a NTP client for instructor.example.com
8. () Review () Done Configure WebServer
Configure default webserver serverX.example.com.
Download the following file from ftp://instructor.
example.com/pub/rhce/stationX.html and rename it to
index.html and place it your document root directory
for this stie. Do not modify the file in any way, it will
result in loss of points even if your configure the site
9. () Review () Done Configure FTP Server.
Configure to provide FTP file sharing
anonymous users for your domain only.
Deny user john ftp services.
10. () Review () Done Configure LDAP Client
Configure LDAP Client with TLS/SSL Data encryption,
with the below details. LDAP Server instructor.example.com
11. () Review () Done Configure an autofs
Configure serverX.example.com to automatically
the home directory in read and write mode of ldapuserX
when you login. Here is the information which is
provided to you about the NFS storage server.
Exported directory:/home/guests/ldapuserX ( in exam as per the question )
12. () Review () Done Create a New VG
Create logical volume lvm “vfat” of 50 physical extents of 8MiB
for a volume group vg01 and mount on /redhat
13. () Review () Done Assign the cronjob
Have the user lynne setup a cron job that
runs daily at 14:23 at local time. The cron
job should run a simple command that generates
the text /bin/echo hiya
14. () Review () Done Upgrade the kernel
Install an appropriate kernel update from
The default kernel installed when the system was
installed should remain available as well
Note: refer cat /proc/cpuinfo
15. () Review () Done Set an ACL
Copy /etc/fstab /tmp/. Owner and group owner of the file
should be retained by root.
 A) Others should not be able to execute but read on the file.
 B) Eric should not have read/write permission on the file.
 C) Ram should have read only on the file
16. () Review () Done Create a Swap partition
Create an additional swap of 356MiB
17. () Review () Done X-user
Locate user visitor files and save as /tmp/backup
18. () Review () Done Locate a string.
Locate a string “streto” in /usr/share/selinux/doc/index.html & save into a file /root/found
19. () Review () Done User add.
Add a user mary with uid 43357 and password as postroll
20. () Review () Done LVM resize.
Rezie the LVM (home) to 250MiB (size mary vary between 30MB-50MB)