RH302 – Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam preparation paper
* RHCE Duration : 2 HRS
* All the below Questions to be performed in VIRTUAL MACHINE
* AN user name,password and individual systems Domain name (DomainX) will be displayed prior to logging in the desktop .(No root/password will be provided)
* Softlink to exam question paper will be on the desktop.
* Softlink to stop/start/reboot VM will be on your respective desktops.
* The Services should be enabled & disabled accordingly to make sure all Server developed are available for evaluation where firewall should not stop the services.
* All User’s password’s should be “postroll”.
Redhat Enterprise Linux Server release 6 has been installed in systemX. The hostname and domain names that you use
will be based upon the ip-address of your machine. Through out the question paper (the last segment of your IP-ADDR)
* NFS method:NFS server name:instructor.example.com NFS mount point:/var/ftp/pub/rhel6/dvd.
* Yum Server http://instructor.example.com/pub/rhel6/dvd
Note: Configure yum client
1 . () Review () Done IPtables
Enable IP tables as an when required but
see to that the examiner is able to Evaluate.
2. () Review () Done SELINUX
SELINUX should be in enforcing mode.
3. () Review () Done FTP Server
Configure to provide FTP file sharing to anonymous users
for your domain only, Deny user john ftp services.
4. () Review () Done SSH Server
Configure SSH server & deny myt133.org.
5. () Review () Done Configure HTTP Server
Implement an http web server for host serverX.example.com.
Download the following file from
and rename it to index.html & place it in your document root for this site.
Do not modify the file in any way, as it will result
in loss of points even if you configure the site correctly.
6. () Review () Done Configure HTTP with restrictions.
Configure serverX.example.com/restricted httpd
server with restriction a folder /var/www/html/restricted to
localhost only. Download the following file from
/var/www/html/restricted and rename it to index.html
7. () Review () Done Create a Virtual Host.
Configure virtual host of site http://wwwX.example.com
where X is your serverX.example.com. Download the file
/var/www/example and rename to index.html. Do not modify
the file in any way, as it will result in loss of points
even if you configure the site correctly. The user lynne
should create content in /var/www/example directory.
The Name resolution on instructor.example.com already provides
the DNS resolution for the host name wwwX.example.com
8. () Review () Done SMTP Server
Configure a SMTP Server to receive mails for your domain and localhost.
Relay all user mails to /var/spool/mail/.
9. () Review () Done Aliases.
Create mail aliases for the admin to receive by lynne.
10. () Review () Done Script
Write script and save /root/program. When “kernel” is passed
as an argument to the script output should be “user” and vice
versa. else /root/program kernel|user
11. () Review () Done ISCSI Client
Configure your virtual system to access centralized storage
using iscsi at instructor.example.com with partition 20MiB
and mount on /redhat. Download a file install.log from
ftp://instructor.example.com/pub/rhce to mount point /redhat
and apply acl 0664 to root user.
12. () Review () Done NFS
Export your /common directory via NFS to your domain and
13. () Review () Done Samba
Share /common directory via samba to your domain only. EXAMPLE
work group, the share must be browseable,readable the share’s
name must be common and authentication user mary with the
password as “postroll” if necessary.
14. () Review () Done IPForwarding
Enable IP Forwarding on your system.
15. () Review () Done Mount
Mount an ISO image such that it persists across reboots.
cp /root/boot.iso to /iso and mount on /mnt/image1.
16. () Review () Done Configure kernblp
Set kernblp to 1 & such that it reflect in /proc/cmdline.
17. () Review () Done Configure and restrict Cron.
Deny user mac to execute cron jobs.